Your town. Your news. Your take.

Local News: Franconia, NH 

 | 

Sign Up

 | 

Sign In

 
Advertisment

Where is MAURA MURRAY

Comments (Page 294)

Showing posts 5861 - 5880 of 11997
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5902
Oct 8, 2008
 
Thank You Advocator!
Would be nice to have a place where everyone
can have stuff to look at.
Advocator wrote:
<quoted text>
I could load at least some of them on to the Google documents site where I have placed the Chart. Not sure how much space is available there to use for things like this, but if there is not room for absolutely everything, at least there would be room for a lot of it and for placing links to other archives where the rest can be found. If folks want to do this, just email me and give me links to the info you want collected. Do bear with me, sometimes I can't get stuff up as fast as at other times.
Advocate4@gmail.com
Quija

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5903
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Great ideas overnight here. But per Weeper, and SBD's non-identification, we don't know who it was in the Saturn.

Yes, Maura could disappear in a minute. So could a fit young criminal. I can't understand anyone sitting there smoking a cigarette in a stolen car with neighbors alert and LE on their way. It seems more like a last-ditch attempt to make a cellphone call (pre-arranged or for help).

Someone just posted that Weeper said the Saturn was put there so as to stage an abduction? I'll have to check if this is accurate... because.... WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO STAGE AN ABDUCTION SCENE? The first person I think of is someone trying to disappear! Maura? That and the the sightings that "were investigated and nothing had come of them" (stonewalling?) give hope she's alive.

Any chance that at the sharp curve on 112 extra salt was used in the winter? Any chance the salt caused the snow and ice to melt into slush and flow downhill? When plowed and left for a while that could yield ice blocks that are pretty strong. Could configured ice blocks in the snowbank (undercut by plow) have caused the damage that the reconstructionist (on seeing the photos) thought was from going under another vehicle? Even if it was a bit away from the final location of the Saturn, I suppose that whole stretch of snowbank was checked? Or the thunk could've been a larger vehicle "clipping" the Saturn and accelerating away? Saturn driver then tries backing up and gets stuck. That would resolve the question of how far the driver could go in the dark with one bad headlight and a cracked windshield --- just a few feet, in this case.
Quija

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5904
Oct 8, 2008
 
This was always my first guess as to the kind of job/location Maura had:
University Gallery Assistant(s) Needed For Fall 2008:
The University Gallery is looking for Gallery Assistants for Fall 2008. We are looking for student who are responsible, energetic, and outgoing with an interest in Contemporary Art from all areas of the University. This job involves greeting & monitoring all visitors to the gallery, as well as informing them about the exhibitions; other duties include supporting the gallery staff in the office, postering, and possibly installation (installing) exhibitions. Knowledge of software like Photoshop & Excel is a plus, as are experience, references and a resume, and what ever else qualities that you can bring to the position. Work-study Award is a must. The position pays $8.00/hr, the hours are 10hrs/week or so, the hours include weekdays, weekends, and evenings; and references need to be provided when applying. To apply either call, email or apply in person to the following.
CONTACT: JUSTIN GRISWOLD, EVA FIERST, OR LORETTA YARLOW at the University Gallery located at the Fine Arts Center (FAC), Call xxxxxxx ext #3, or Email justgris@admin.umass.edu, or in person.
Quija

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5905
Oct 8, 2008
 
p.s. i'm aware that the above sample job listing is for work-study students only. but so was the other job Maura had, dorm security. i don't know if she was a work-study student, but here's a link to current Umass jobs, if this hasn't been listed 8 million times already:

http://www.umass.edu/umfa/seo/jobs/
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5906
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

1Anne wrote:
<quoted text>It is sad and sadistic to add this uncalled for sarcasm to an important post. It certainly depletes the impact.
Just to be perfectly clear. Any sarcasm was absolutely NOT directed at White Wash. I said it was an excellent job and I meant that. The sarcasm was directed at speculation and accusations that have gone on for years without any evidence that clearly seems to be unjustified if not totally baseless based upon White Washís post.

Iíll say it again. Excellent post White Wash. People who donít already have their minds made up and/or closed should have their eyes opened by it.

Bill
Quija

Acton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5907
Oct 8, 2008
 
http://www.umass.edu/fac/universitygallery/im...

Re: University Gallery

This gallery is also just northeast of Maura's dorm and her other job. Easier than trying to get to a "local gallery" without a reliable car.
gvmeabrk

Weare, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5908
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Grammar check
Regarding your thoughts using code for brooke bennet also personal info. I have been going back through all the comments. I have found one that I believe gives directions to my home. Call me paranoid now!
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5909
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Quija wrote:
That would resolve the question of how far the driver could go in the dark with one bad headlight and a cracked windshield --- just a few feet, in this case.
It appeared to me that only the driverís side headlight was affected by the crash. I seriously doubt that would have an effect on the personís ability to drive. I have seen more than one person driving around while searching for earthworms with one headlight. Try covering one headlight. It is not difficult to drive at all. It certainly would not impede ones ability to leave an area if one was determined in my opinion.

Bill
elsewherebriefly

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5910
Oct 8, 2008
 
thanks for the replies and input everyone.

Good to hear from you Advocator!

What has been nagging me about the staging of the vehicle to make it appear as an abduction is that from the second I learned about Maura I believed she was abducted!

My thoughts are now revolving around a possible vehicular homicide which takes me back to Helena's reply to me when I initially started posting on the board about Dr. Godwin's findings.

Helena countered my theory by stating that Maura could have been run off the road by drug dealers attempting to elude the authorities.

Interesting factoids:

I recently heard a statement made by a police officer in a documentary. He stated that the majority of violent crimes are perpetrated in stolen vehicles.

One final note, in a recent brief discussion with an expert it was stated to me that the majority of sex offenders find themselves in trouble/repeating offenses under the influence of alcohol and not drugs.

P.S. Cave Dude,

I will hope that my kindness/empathy does not emulate as weakness.
paris

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5911
Oct 8, 2008
 
But WTF, this was not a testimony from all sides.

About the cell phone. Maura used it to check her messages. It was either fully charged already with a charger in the backpack or it was plugged in and on for the ride.
I think when people smoke and/or are chain smokers, nervous types, they will smoke during anything. Fact is, someone was sitting there for a time and could have been pulling the charger out of the dash area, but in MHO they were not trying to make a call. The charger was not in the car.
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5912
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

paris wrote:
But WTF, this was not a testimony from all sides.
I am not sure what you mean paris. It was eyewitness testimony that was relayed. Short of being there during the accident yourself or having cameras trained on the accident it doesn't get any better than that. Especially if you believe as I do that they were uninterested observers meaning, they have no axe to grind which I don't think they did. Any you feel that you can trust White Wash's inquiry which I have no reason to doubt.

Bill
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5913
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bill I thought you where funny and totally agree with you!
I want to be VERY CLEAR on the fact that if someone caused harm to Maura I want them to
rotten in Concord for life! Only because LE won't let me shoot them!
Especially if they live in my back yard!

I know that I make more money than most of our LE
I have taken the time to do ride alongs with
some LE in our area and trying to see both sides both of this situation.

As a parent I want this CHILD HOME!

"When all is said and done, it's not what happens
to you that charts your course and shapes your character it's how you respond that does"!
Dr. John H Sklare, Ed.D.
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be perfectly clear. Any sarcasm was absolutely NOT directed at White Wash. I said it was an excellent job and I meant that. The sarcasm was directed at speculation and accusations that have gone on for years without any evidence that clearly seems to be unjustified if not totally baseless based upon White Washís post.
Iíll say it again. Excellent post White Wash. People who donít already have their minds made up and/or closed should have their eyes opened by it.
Bill
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5914
Oct 8, 2008
 
Excellent information!
Thanks!
Quija wrote:
This was always my first guess as to the kind of job/location Maura had:
University Gallery Assistant(s) Needed For Fall 2008:
The University Gallery is looking for Gallery Assistants for Fall 2008. We are looking for student who are responsible, energetic, and outgoing with an interest in Contemporary Art from all areas of the University. This job involves greeting & monitoring all visitors to the gallery, as well as informing them about the exhibitions; other duties include supporting the gallery staff in the office, postering, and possibly installation (installing) exhibitions. Knowledge of software like Photoshop & Excel is a plus, as are experience, references and a resume, and what ever else qualities that you can bring to the position. Work-study Award is a must. The position pays $8.00/hr, the hours are 10hrs/week or so, the hours include weekdays, weekends, and evenings; and references need to be provided when applying. To apply either call, email or apply in person to the following.
CONTACT: JUSTIN GRISWOLD, EVA FIERST, OR LORETTA YARLOW at the University Gallery located at the Fine Arts Center (FAC), Call xxxxxxx ext #3, or Email justgris@admin.umass.edu, or in person.
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5915
Oct 8, 2008
 
Lady Gray wrote:
<quoted text>WTF, isn't the timing correct when it comes to the inflating/deflating of the airbag?
I am not sure what you mean LG? Timing in what sense?

Bill

Joined: Jul 8, 2008

Comments: 206

Middletown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5916
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

4

WTF, I wanted to point out that anyone making a post does not deserve the added sarcasm to cloud their words. Enuf said. On another note, new information is always welcome.
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5917
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

No we don't but I truly believe LE do!
I personally believe the Soda bottle and Air Bags
where test and the DNA on them belong to Maura.

If it was not I STRONGLY BELIEVE they would
announce that it wasn't Maura driving that car!

Just my thoughts.
Quija wrote:
Great ideas overnight here. But per Weeper, and SBD's non-identification, we don't know who it was in the Saturn.
Yes, Maura could disappear in a minute. So could a fit young criminal. I can't understand anyone sitting there smoking a cigarette in a stolen car with neighbors alert and LE on their way. It seems more like a last-ditch attempt to make a cellphone call (pre-arranged or for help).
Someone just posted that Weeper said the Saturn was put there so as to stage an abduction? I'll have to check if this is accurate... because.... WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT TO STAGE AN ABDUCTION SCENE? The first person I think of is someone trying to disappear! Maura? That and the the sightings that "were investigated and nothing had come of them" (stonewalling?) give hope she's alive.
Any chance that at the sharp curve on 112 extra salt was used in the winter? Any chance the salt caused the snow and ice to melt into slush and flow downhill? When plowed and left for a while that could yield ice blocks that are pretty strong. Could configured ice blocks in the snowbank (undercut by plow) have caused the damage that the reconstructionist (on seeing the photos) thought was from going under another vehicle? Even if it was a bit away from the final location of the Saturn, I suppose that whole stretch of snowbank was checked? Or the thunk could've been a larger vehicle "clipping" the Saturn and accelerating away? Saturn driver then tries backing up and gets stuck. That would resolve the question of how far the driver could go in the dark with one bad headlight and a cracked windshield --- just a few feet, in this case.
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5918
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

3

1Anne wrote:
WTF, I wanted to point out that anyone making a post does not deserve the added sarcasm to cloud their words. Enuf said. On another note, new information is always welcome.
I disagree. I think item by item I stated what others have been saying, or trying to say, all along. Things that have been WRONG with the direction that some have been trying to force the inquiry in. Especially as it relates to the unfounded accusations and characterization of the locals.

Now,'nuff said. Or do I need to add more?

Bill
elsewherebriefly

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5919
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

WTF,

I still think Mike Barnarcle is a lot funnier and more sarcastic than you will ever be, JMO.
FireCat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5920
Oct 8, 2008
 
White Wash wrote:
I want to be VERY CLEAR on the fact that if someone caused harm to Maura I want them to
rotten in Concord for life! Only because LE won't let me shoot them!
Especially if they live in my back yard!
Hmmmm. You could always try, "Gee, officer, I thought he was a moose, and it's hunting season." Don't know if that'd work, though.
Half Moon

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5921
Oct 8, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Thank you to all those who responded to my questions.......

WTF (I hate writing those initials, as my adult children used it for something else when they were teens) Anyway, WTF, and others.......I thought I had my mind made up as to Maura being alive or otherwise. But there is SO much conflicting information, that I am still on the fence. That is why I go back to the sightings for information.

However, on another front , other than one poster's initials of names in common and numbers in common, I am wondering if this forum ever did more research on Brianna Maitland's case, even though the police have formally stated "no connection".

Is it possible that there are some really obvious links between the two? I am on the fence on this too, as sometimes I think they are linked, then the more I read, I think the other way.

In addition, are the only sightings in VT and NH? I ask because, it would have been SO easy for someone to have Maura in Canada.........would the LE be notified of potential sightings, there?

Maybe I am rambling, but what I am saying is, has anyone heard from LE or otherwise about potential Maura sightings over the boarder, that have also been discounted?
Showing posts 5861 - 5880 of 11997
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franconia Discussions

Search the Franconia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sentencing deal off for Franconia man 7 hr Snowy White 83
2 held in Haverhill death Fri alichar 127
King bash here (from Jul '08) Thu Snowy White 2116
Rumble in Woodsville? Jan 8 lower slower... 79
Normand M. Boisvert of Easton and Other Sex Off... Jan 2 yankee 28
spies who love you Jan 1 johneyonetime 1
Poll: is cable tv over priced Dec 31 johneyonetime 0
See all threads in the Franconia forum »