Your town. Your news. Your take.

Local News: Franconia, NH 

 | 

Sign Up

 | 

Sign In

 
Advertisment

Where is MAURA MURRAY

Comments (Page 363)

Showing posts 7241 - 7260 of 11997
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7293
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sorry I didn't make it up.
It was stated by the Chief of Police.
It was from the actual police report.

I'd like to point prior forums it was stated
the girls where drinking Wine on Sat night.

The box of wine is left over.

I would also like to point out that Kathleen stated Maura did not drink wine. They had a family pact on wine. On MMM there where several
that comfirm Maura did indeed drink wine.
My point is not bashing CALM YOUR BAD SELVES DOWN DUCKS regardless how much we think we know someone
is it possible for them to act differently away from us is the point I am making.
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you suppose that information came from then?
Are you suggesting that the author just made it up, out of the blue?
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7294
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

Elsewherebriefly,
That is totally not true read the article again!
In fact HPD meet with the FBI in Keene so how can you say the refused their help?
Just my PERSONAL opinion here the FBI BAILED on it!
elsewherebriefly wrote:
The bottom line is that New Hampshire State Police, the Governor, and the Attorney General refused the aid of the F.B.I and this is a poor refection on the state of New Hampshire.
Time and time again I have asked myself, "Why wouldn't they want all of the help and resources they can get?", and told myself, "At least it would apppear that the state of NH was doing everything humanly possible to find Maura and bring the perpertrator(s) to justice".
elsewherebriefly

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7295
Oct 29, 2008
 
White Wash wrote:
Elsewherebriefly,
That is totally not true read the article again!
In fact HPD meet with the FBI in Keene so how can you say the refused their help?
Just my PERSONAL opinion here the FBI BAILED on it!
<quoted text>
White Wash,

Firstly, thanks so much for searching in vain for the date the 'cell phone tower ping' warrant was issued.

All I know is that the missing persons here in America do not get the attention or exposure they deserve. Maura should have been provided the opportunity to have her photo and information posted on the FBI website.

Why are some missing persons provided this type of national exposure while others are not?

Thankfully, the state of NH adopted a Missing Persons Law in 2005 and I believe that Maura's disappearance had a lot to do with this, IMHO.
elsewherebriefly

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7296
Oct 29, 2008
 
excerpt of Mr. Murray's letter to the New Hampshire Governor

It has been over three months since her disappearance and the only leads developed have
been handed to the state police by others. Yet still these guys maintain that they
donít need any help. The FBI offered its assistance during the opening week of this case but have only been utilized in a very minor way such as interviewing family members and high
school friends in Mauraís hometown of Hanson, MA, and also a couple of college acquaintances.
These state police officers are great people personally, and I like them and respect them.
They are the type of men and women that both you and I would be very pleased to have
living in our own neighborhoods, but the inescapable reality remains that they clearly need help in finding Maura.

The finest resource in the world is available and you, sir, should direct Lieutenant John Scarinza and Troop F to accept its offer. There are corollary cases in Vermont also and this
entire situation begs for central co-ordination and investigation by an agency which is not
bound by the confines of the configuration of Grafton County and the Connecticut
River.

The young women in the northern region of your state are not safe and it is clearly
imperative that you act decisively before you lose another. Deep within themselves, your
citizens are nervously apprehensive and anxiously awaiting your response to this threat.

Respectfully,

Fred Murray

February 09, 2005

Mr. Frederick Murray
JMO

Danvers, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7297
Oct 29, 2008
 
Assuming only brief FBI involvement, have MA authorities been dedicated to finding Maura? Is there an open case on the matter in MA?

Or was it assumed by the location of her car in Haverhill that the potential for a criminal act occurred in the NH jurisdiction?
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7298
Oct 29, 2008
 
Sadly states do not have the resources
to support such an important issue!

And we should lobby for nation wide Missing Persons Policies.
elsewherebriefly wrote:
<quoted text>
White Wash,
Firstly, thanks so much for searching in vain for the date the 'cell phone tower ping' warrant was issued.
All I know is that the missing persons here in America do not get the attention or exposure they deserve. Maura should have been provided the opportunity to have her photo and information posted on the FBI website.
Why are some missing persons provided this type of national exposure while others are not?
Thankfully, the state of NH adopted a Missing Persons Law in 2005 and I believe that Maura's disappearance had a lot to do with this, IMHO.
Quija

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7299
Oct 29, 2008
 
I'm gonna try to attribute ideas to the poster who i think said them. the attributions may be wrong so please correct. sorry if i goof.

box of wine in saturn on monday from saturday night party.(whitewash posted?)

box of wine into fred's toyota trunk after sat night party (me)

maura bringing wine somewhere else (whiston?)-- friend off-campus

toyota crashed into guardrail (fact)

look at route Maura took to make a directional guess as to where boyfriend off-campus (if he existed) lived (me, i think). haven't looked at a map. maybe route points toward another college? whatever...

Maura to Fred's motel.(fact)

brings her stuff into motel (assumption)

sunday morning late (?) Fred drops Maura off and she is seen with box of wine (partly used) and hockey bag (either full of empties or it's b.s. and she had her overnight stuff in it-- me)(Journal Opinion)

late monday afternoon when (and if) she leaves for the north she has brought the partly used box of wine with her?(speculation)

does she stop at the off-campus friend's apartment on the way?(guess -- maybe someone else's)

did anything go wrong there that led to her being harmed?(my speculation)

if there was an off-campus friend, was there a (jealous?) roommate?(wild speculation)
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7300
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

3

My experience is there are always three sides to every story.
Both Sides and the Truth which usually falls in
the middle.
I can't support Mr. Murray's statement on this
because I know people who have met with the FBI.
I have not spoken with the FBI and no zero proof
they where removed from the case and not left of
their own will.
Just my personal view.
Sadly I don't feel anyone should be missing
and until we can get laws to change that and
to put everyone way who committes crimes we
will have heart breaking cases like this one.
elsewherebriefly wrote:
excerpt of Mr. Murray's letter to the New Hampshire Governor
It has been over three months since her disappearance and the only leads developed have
been handed to the state police by others. Yet still these guys maintain that they
donít need any help. The FBI offered its assistance during the opening week of this case but have only been utilized in a very minor way such as interviewing family members and high
school friends in Mauraís hometown of Hanson, MA, and also a couple of college acquaintances.
These state police officers are great people personally, and I like them and respect them.
They are the type of men and women that both you and I would be very pleased to have
living in our own neighborhoods, but the inescapable reality remains that they clearly need help in finding Maura.
The finest resource in the world is available and you, sir, should direct Lieutenant John Scarinza and Troop F to accept its offer. There are corollary cases in Vermont also and this
entire situation begs for central co-ordination and investigation by an agency which is not
bound by the confines of the configuration of Grafton County and the Connecticut
River.
The young women in the northern region of your state are not safe and it is clearly
imperative that you act decisively before you lose another. Deep within themselves, your
citizens are nervously apprehensive and anxiously awaiting your response to this threat.
Respectfully,
Fred Murray
February 09, 2005
Mr. Frederick Murray
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7301
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Good question!
I believe in the beginning Fred Jr called MA police and was told he had to call the jurisdiction she was missing from.

To my knowledge only what we've read has occured for MA searching in the first week only. Nothing more to my knowledge.
JMO wrote:
Assuming only brief FBI involvement, have MA authorities been dedicated to finding Maura? Is there an open case on the matter in MA?
Or was it assumed by the location of her car in Haverhill that the potential for a criminal act occurred in the NH jurisdiction?
Wowzer

Franconia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7302
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

1

JMO wrote:
Harry might know what he's talking about. Corruption is everywhere, but perhaps he's had some firsthand experience in MA.
I wouldn't be so hard...cruel, in fact...on him about the situation regarding his wife. Sometimes victims come across as the crazy ones, when in fact, they are telling the truth.
Everyone's been so "sold" on the idea that NH authorities are corrupt...hmmm. Perhaps not.
Anything is possible in the disappearance of Maura Murray.
Everyone's been sold on a lot of things that simply aren't true. I think the big question is WHY. There is still denial from some when true facts come out and bite them in the butt.
When someone absolutely knows that something is a true fact and sees the same few people denying it is true it certainly makes one wonder as to what's really going on.
Wowzer

Franconia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7303
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

3

elsewherebriefly wrote:
The bottom line is that New Hampshire State Police, the Governor, and the Attorney General refused the aid of the F.B.I and this is a poor refection on the state of New Hampshire.
Time and time again I have asked myself, "Why wouldn't they want all of the help and resources they can get?", and told myself, "At least it would apppear that the state of NH was doing everything humanly possible to find Maura and bring the perpertrator(s) to justice".
How do you know that everything wasn't being done to find Maura? Do you know this for a fact?
I believe you were one of the ones that thought nothing was done the night she disappeared too but that wasn't a true fact either.
Why are you so hateful elsewhere?
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7304
Oct 29, 2008
 
Heard ya!!
Wowzer wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone's been sold on a lot of things that simply aren't true. I think the big question is WHY. There is still denial from some when true facts come out and bite them in the butt.
When someone absolutely knows that something is a true fact and sees the same few people denying it is true it certainly makes one wonder as to what's really going on.
Wowzer

Franconia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7305
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Wowzer wrote:
I had a conversation this evening with someone which brought to mind some questions.
When was the last time that any family member inquired as to any updates on the case with either HPD or SP and did they receive an answer to their questions? Anyone???????
Seems worth reposting(for a third time).
Come on people there are family members right here and no one knows the answer to this question?
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7306
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

The Murray have a Advocate at the Attorney Generals Office to my knowledge Fred does
check in regular or was with this person.
Wowzer wrote:
Wowzer wrote:
I had a conversation this evening with someone which brought to mind some questions.
When was the last time that any family member inquired as to any updates on the case with either HPD or SP and did they receive an answer to their questions? Anyone???????
Seems worth reposting(for a third time).
Come on people there are family members right here and no one knows the answer to this question?
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7307
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

elsewherebriefly wrote:
The bottom line is that New Hampshire State Police, the Governor, and the Attorney General refused the aid of the F.B.I and this is a poor refection on the state of New Hampshire.
Seriously, that is your smoking gun. You people went from that not enough was done. That the locals are unfeeling. That the Police are corrupt. That the police are incompetent. That they lied. That the locals are hiding information. To they refused help from the FBI.

That they didnít accept help from the FBI, which is incorrect by the way. They used the FBI in an appropriate way. If I can add 2+2 why would I bring in a team from NASA to look that equation over? Will their number 4 be better than the number 4 that I came up with? If I can examine the evidence at the scene what do I need the FBI for? Now if they come across some exotic material I have never seen before or a latent print that I canít figure out how to make readable or know of a technique that the FBI has available I would bring them in. Other than that it is a waste of resources and totally unnecessary and would provide nothing new.

Wowzer whether anyone from the family will admit it or not and especially whether some of the ďrepresentativesĒ of the family here will say it or not, Iím sure the real family appreciated what you did.

Bill
WTF

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7308
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

And Browser thanks for posting that information.

Very useful.

B.
Wowzer

Franconia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7309
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

4

4

2

White Wash wrote:
The Murray have a Advocate at the Attorney Generals Office to my knowledge Fred does
check in regular or was with this person.
<quoted text>
So he is being updated on a regular basis by this advocate at the AG's office?
So it's not true then that he hasn't been updated in a long time and the SP and HP are negligent in not telling him what's going on???
WOnder why someone in the family didn't know this and could'nt answer the question I asked three times.
Wowzer

Franconia, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7310
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, that is your smoking gun. You people went from that not enough was done. That the locals are unfeeling. That the Police are corrupt. That the police are incompetent. That they lied. That the locals are hiding information. To they refused help from the FBI.
That they didnít accept help from the FBI, which is incorrect by the way. They used the FBI in an appropriate way. If I can add 2+2 why would I bring in a team from NASA to look that equation over? Will their number 4 be better than the number 4 that I came up with? If I can examine the evidence at the scene what do I need the FBI for? Now if they come across some exotic material I have never seen before or a latent print that I canít figure out how to make readable or know of a technique that the FBI has available I would bring them in. Other than that it is a waste of resources and totally unnecessary and would provide nothing new.
Wowzer whether anyone from the family will admit it or not and especially whether some of the ďrepresentativesĒ of the family here will say it or not, Iím sure the real family appreciated what you did.
Bill
Thank you WTF but no appreciation is needed. I have children and a heart and I know this area like the back of my hand. I did what I know others also did. I'm just sorry no one found her but it's also obvious that she didn't want to be found.
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7311
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

It is my understand that HPD has turned it over to
NHSP who has turned it over to the AG office.
I was told it would be the Advocator who would
call the Family if they had UPDATES to report.
Fred was calling in on a regular bases was my understanding.
Wowzer wrote:
<quoted text>
So he is being updated on a regular basis by this advocate at the AG's office?
So it's not true then that he hasn't been updated in a long time and the SP and HP are negligent in not telling him what's going on???
WOnder why someone in the family didn't know this and could'nt answer the question I asked three times.
White Wash

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7312
Oct 29, 2008
 

Judged:

2

We're all sorry she hasn't been found must
admit for as much searching has been done
I just don't get it.

As you know with other cases in the area people
chat it up!

Some wild cards but usually a thread to follow
into a big ball of Shock! Yes it doesn't matter
how many or often growing up here it still shocks me when something horrible happens in our back yards.

This case amazes me to be honest.
Wowzer wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you WTF but no appreciation is needed. I have children and a heart and I know this area like the back of my hand. I did what I know others also did. I'm just sorry no one found her but it's also obvious that she didn't want to be found.
Showing posts 7241 - 7260 of 11997
« prev | next »
Go to last post | Jump to page:
Type in your comments to post to the forum
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Franconia Discussions

Search the Franconia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sentencing deal off for Franconia man 7 hr Snowy White 83
2 held in Haverhill death Fri alichar 127
King bash here (from Jul '08) Thu Snowy White 2116
Rumble in Woodsville? Jan 8 lower slower... 79
Normand M. Boisvert of Easton and Other Sex Off... Jan 2 yankee 28
spies who love you Jan 1 johneyonetime 1
Poll: is cable tv over priced Dec 31 johneyonetime 0
See all threads in the Franconia forum »